#OurChildrenOurBudget - Fight the Cuts
We need your help! Governor Tomblin has proposed budget cuts to vital programs for children and families including child abuse prevention, domestic violence, home visiting programs, and family support.
Please contact your legislators and the Governor and ask them to reject these proposed budget cuts!
The governor's proposed budget leaves many of our families out in the cold.
- 8.5% cuts to Family Resource Networks and Starting Points Family Resource Centers; even though these programs leverage more than $5 for every $1 the state invests.
- 25% cuts to In-Home Family Education Home-visiting Programs; even though this program saves money through prevention and helping vulnerable new parents succeed.
- 26% cuts to child abuse prevention funds through the WV Children's Trust Fund,
- 14% cuts to Domestic Violence shelters,
- 7.4% cuts to Child Advocacy Centers who serve sexual abuse victims.